Hi, my name is Liz Smith. I’m a freelance proofreader, editor, indexer, and sermon transcriptionist based in beautiful Mebane, North Carolina. I specialize in Christian nonfiction, and I’m passionate about getting the gospel message out in print.
From the preached word to the hands of the reader.
Proofreading and Editing
I provide professional proofreading and editing for biblically solid Christian works such as:
- manuscripts (nonfiction only)
- newsletters (print or electronic)
- journal/magazine articles
- Bible studies and devotionals
E-book and Print Book Formatting
Because I specialize in Christian nonfiction, I know (and love) the subject matter. I consider it a challenge as well as a ministry to bring the concepts and items of a well-written biblically based book to the readers seamlessly and transparently.
Many theological books were birthed from the sermons of gifted teachers and preachers. I believe it’s beneficial to the body of Christ—and for the expansion of the kingdom—to get sermons reproduced into the written word for many reasons:
- Sermon transcripts are a fantastic starting point for tracts, pamphlets, blogs, and journal articles.
- Some people, such as the hearing impaired or those who do not have audio capabilities, can still be blessed by the Word of God by reading a transcript.
- Excerpts of sermon transcripts can be shared on social media or through email or text.
- Some people prefer reading to listening, and others like to read while watching or listening, which reinforces content.
- Print material makes studying and finding content easier—keyword searches and highlighting for Bible study; even clickable links can be inserted into a PDF or on a website.
- Search engine optimization (SEO)—written text online will be picked up by search engines, making sermons or other media easier to find.
- Transcripts can be translated into other languages.
Get more information about my: