Hi, my name is Liz Smith. I’m a freelance proofreader, editor, and transcriptionist based in beautiful North Carolina.
I provide professional proofreading and editing for biblically solid Christian works such as:
- manuscripts (nonfiction only)
- newsletters (print or electronic)
- journal/magazine articles
- Bible studies and devotionals
I’m passionate about nonfiction, including getting the gospel message out in print and the modernization of old theological works. I specialize in source citation (footnotes/endnotes/bibliographies).
I also offer sermon transcription at competitive rates. I realize that many theological books were first birthed from the sermons of hardworking teachers and preachers, and so it’s vital to get those sermons reproduced into the written word.
But maybe you’re not writing a book. You might consider these other reasons why your sermons should be transcribed:
- Sermon transcriptions are also a fantastic starting point for tracts, pamphlets, blogs, and journal articles.
- Some people, such as the hearing impaired or those who do not have audio capabilities, can still be blessed by the Word of God by reading a transcript.
- Small portions of a sermon transcript are able to be copied to share on Facebook and other social media sites.
- Some people prefer reading to listening and others like to read while watching or listening, which reinforces content.
- Printed material makes studying and finding material easier—keyword searches and highlighting for Bible study, even clickable links can be inserted into a PDF or on a website.
- Search engine optimization (SEO)—written text online will be picked up by search engines (they can’t do yet this with audio or video), making your sermons or other media easier to find.
- Transcripts can be translated into other languages.
Do any of those reasons hit home for your ministry? Then contact me today!
Get more information about my:
*formerly Reformed Transcriptions