Why have your sermons transcribed?
Many theological books were birthed from the sermons of gifted teachers and preachers. It’s beneficial to the body of Christ—and for the expansion of the kingdom—to get sermons reproduced into the written word for many reasons:
- Most people prefer to read a sermon transcript (or part of a transcript) rather than listen to an audio or watch a video, mostly because of time constraints
- Sermon transcripts are a fantastic starting point for manuscripts, tracts, pamphlets, blogs, and journal articles
- The hearing impaired or those without audio capabilities can still be blessed by your message
- People researching a topic often do not have time to listen to an entire sermon when looking for answers to specific questions, so having your sermon text online helps them find what they’re looking for
- Excerpts of sermon transcripts can be shared on Facebook and Twitter or through email or text
- Some people prefer reading to listening, and others like to read while watching or listening, which reinforces content
- Search engine optimization (SEO)—written text online will be picked up by search engines, making sermons or other media easier to find
- Transcripts can be translated into other languages
- Text-based sermon transcripts make studying and finding content easier:
- Allow for keyword searches and highlighting
- Can be printed out and used in personal study or devotions
- Links can be inserted into a PDF or on a website to other resources on your site
- Give classes, small groups, families, and individuals an effective way to use your sermons as a study guide
Simply put, you can reach more people with the Word of God when you have your sermons transcribed and posted online.
If you’re still not sure if (or why) you should have your sermons transcribed, read my article “Eight Commonsense Reasons Your Sermons Should Be Transcribed.”
Why choose Reformed Editorial Services?
I specialize in Christian nonfiction and therefore have a working knowledge of proper verse formatting, theological terms and names, and even Greek and Hebrew words. I also have a passion for getting the gospel message out in print—and know the power of the written word and the internet. I guarantee a 99.9% accuracy rate, or it’s free.
So contact me today, and let’s get your message out there—from the preached word to the hands of the reader.